Wednesday 14 May 2014

Day 124: GMH

What went well? 

  1. The postdoc I'm working with wrote me a really sweet thank you card. And we walked to the BioPond together.
  2. My professor is going to help me with the process of getting my term paper published - from revising it to teaching me how to write a submission letter. Just wow. I am so grateful that he believes in me (a lowly undergraduate!!) and is willing to give his own time to help me with it. He GMH. I'm so excited to move forward with this.
  3. My parents arrived in Philly! It was lovely to reunite.


What did I learn? 

  • My professor's mindset with judging the quality of work. Basically, we both know that my paper was unpolished (probably the least polished piece of writing I've ever turned in) - but he doesn't care!! He says that students at Penn are really good at polishing, when they should have spent that time actually researching. As he says, you can't polish nothing. So he looks for substance. I think that's a great mindset to have - vs. having marks taken off for an APA formatting error for e.g., in psychology.


No comments:

Post a Comment