- Found out some details of what I'll be helping with for positive psychology research. One project is to do with coding qualitative data from Malaysian participants as to what happiness/wellbeing means to them, to see how valid the PERMA measure is across cultures (i.e. building from the ground up rather than just imposing a theory onto a culture), and the other is to help actually design the methodology for testing a new positive psychology intervention! And there'll be more as the semester comes along.
- Had the best conversation ever this semester at the Philomathean Society event this evening with just a few people. Topics included:
- US politics...& drones
- Human rights
- Language & thought (psychology)
- Values in education
- Just omg. These people are so deep and thoughtful...
|Broccoli-spinach-chickpea-sweet-potato power bowl, inspired by Thrive.|
What did I learn?
- Issues in the US are more serious than I imagined (e.g. drones, poverty, healthcare)
- There exists something called the "Rainbow Family" which is basically a hippy organisation that I probably resonate with quite a bit :P
- Bilingual children get a lot of cognitive advantages, including self-regulation. To be cited...
Happy Chinese New Year!!!