Tuesday 25 February 2014

Day 47: It's good to give

What went well? 

  1. Worked on developing my "giver" tendencies, by giving my time this morning to help people out. It is rewarding, especially being able to use and develop my specific skills (psychology, research methods, statistics) to give effectively. I definitely look forward to doing lots of pro-bono skills-based consulting in the future. On a related note, Professor Adam Grant, author of Give and Take (which inspired me to want to give more) is giving a guest lecture tomorrow during positive psychology!!! Super, super excited.
  2. Had a productive singing practice, working on my presentation. Working on being more comfortable/natural with my hand gestures, because at the moment they look slightly artificial.
  3. Booked accommodation for Spring Break. Even better, my friend managed to secure us two nights in DC at her friend's place! So that was great news.
  4. Prepared most of my answer for one of the 4 possible essay questions for my intro Buddhism mid-term. I have to say, I was quite overwhelmed at the questions, because they're actually all pretty tough and require quite a bit of close reading and also creativity and understanding. In other words, it's a really well-written exam. But it's manageable, with preparation.
  5. Heating in Stouffer just got fixed!! It's been out for the past 24 hours or so, and I have been wearing my puffer jacket inside because it's been that cold.


What did I learn? 

  • When unproductive, I may as well take a nap. I was more-or-less cognitively non-functional (being tired and a bit sick) between 3.30-6pm today, and really did not get anything done, but still tried! = pseudostudying. Listen to your natural rhythms and waves of energy throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment