Friday 4 April 2014

Day 85: All you need is love

Today was a joyous day. The cool thing about being on the other side of the world is that I get to celebrate my birthday for two whole days!

What went well? 

  1. Got messages from my parents wishing me happy birthday. Was especially touched to hear that my dad woke up this morning and wanted to wish me happy birthday even though it's not my birthday yet in US time. Super cute. Feeling so much joy and love right now. <3
  2. Went and saw the Phantom of the Opera with my friend!! He bought me my ticket for my birthday, and even though they were rush tickets, we had AMAZING seats with a perfect and close view. The production, set, special effects, acting and singing all made for a compelling and exciting show.
  3. Before seeing the show, we got dinner at a vegan restaurant. It was unassuming, but the food was great and I had the most amazing vegan chocolate cake there.
  4. I was really high in energy today, which makes everything easier.
  5. We fine-tuned our survey for our study which we'll be launching soon!


What did I learn? 

  • The post-doc that I'm working with is meeting with the Melbourne GSE Dean tomorrow for coffee...I am so excited for her!!!!! I remember that a couple months ago we were talking about how cool it would be if she came to Melbourne...and now it looks like it could actually be a happening thing...??? Everything happens for a reason, and it's so interesting to see how interconnected things are.

No comments:

Post a Comment