Thursday 10 April 2014

Day 91: Flow

What went well? 

  1. Made a lot of progress on my mindfulness/positive psychology paper. Built my conceptual model, analysed what social-emotional skills different positive psychology lessons cultivate, and wrote another 900 words. It's coming along! But I'll get back to it next Thursday and really immerse myself in my Buddhism paper over the next week. Hopefully, a first draft of the Buddhism paper will be done by next Wednesday, and a first draft of the mindfulness paper done by next Sunday. This is doable.
  2. Went to a free dinner held by the Penn Vegan Society. It was amazing. The chefs (from Penn's catering company) were talking about what they prepared, and I was so impressed by their thoughtfulness. It was a really wonderful experience, and I really enjoyed the conversations I had over dinner too.
  3. Singing practice went well today.


What did I learn? 

  • How to make a really easy vegan snack - literally blending raisins & walnuts together, then making balls/bars.
  • Ramsburg & Youmans (2013) found that "Meditation Training Improves Student Knowledge Retention during Lectures".

No comments:

Post a Comment