- We finished off a film in Buddhism about this Thai monk who raises novices who have been orphaned or whose families are too poor to look after them. It was amazing to see the work he was doing in cultivating positive mental qualities and life skills in the kids and giving them opportunities that they would not have had. Really inspirational.
- In the positive psychology lecture today, we watched The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. Oh my god. Words cannot describe how inspirational, uplifting and elevating this was. It was actually kinda intense - I literally cried at one point, and was pretty preoccupied for the rest of the afternoon. Randy Pausch absolutely embodied positive psychology in every single way in the way he lived his life. He left behind an amazing legacy, both in his work and in the example he led. WATCH IT!!!!! That is all.
- Choir concert recordings came out. You can listen to my solo here.
What did I learn?
- Too much inspirational stimulation is also kinda emotionally intense and tiring.
- Kids can flourish and develop in amazing ways when you push them and challenge them beyond their comfort zones - combined with love.