- Spent the afternoon exploring the Capitol and National Mall in DC, and basically saw all the major monuments:
- Am feeling grateful to my friend's friend's aunt, who is generously letting us stay at their place!
- It was so warm today!! We sat in the sun for awhile in the afternoon, and it was just so lovely to soak up the rays and doze off a bit in the warmth. Ahhhhhh...... #savouring
|Metro station. Everything already looks "DC", as soon as you step outside!|
|Inside the Library of Congress|
|Library of Congress|
What did I learn?
- National Mall is HUGE. We walked all the way from the metro station to the end of National Mall, which was about 4.5kms, plus we took detours, then walked another 3 or so kms to where my friend's friend was parked...
- Most of the museums and monuments are part of National Mall. You could spend days exploring just this area.
- Apparently the Library of Congress is the largest library in the world! It also houses Thomas Jefferson's personal library.