- Got a lovely dose of nature and flowers this morning at the United States Botanic Garden. It was musically themed!
- Visited the Franciscan Monastery. Highly, highly recommended. I'm not religious but was very impressed by the church and found the tour interesting. The interior was magnificent and gave me shivers. It's definitely worth a visit.
- Visited Georgetown Uni (very briefly). It's tiny, but cute!
What did I learn?
- Georgetown University has a dedicated meditation room/building on campus!
- Georgetown Cupcakes is a seriously thriving business. This is how long the line was (and generally is) - about a 15 minute wait:
- Also had a very bizarre encounter in the line. This random woman behind us from Dallas started talking to us about how excited she was about the cupcakes (because I was expressing my excitement about how they actually had vegan cupcakes too - prematurely, since they'd run out, sadface), and went off on a rant about fatasses in the US and how she didn't want to pay for them...republican?? Also very, very loud and expressive. I was wondering if that was (stereo)"typical" of someone from that area, but my friends later were saying that they thought she was probably drunk because there was just no social filter whatsoever. Plus, just as we finally got to the counter, she disappeared, even though she'd been so looking forward to getting a cupcake! So. Bizarre.
|People wait this long just to get cupcakes?!|